- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos net worth Rs 7.82 lakh crore
- Bezos overtook Microsoft co-founder Gates in October 2017
- Gates benefited sharply in Microsoft’s share, shares rose 4% in last 22 days
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates (64) has again become the world’s richest after two years. Jeff Bezos (55), who overtook Gates in October 2017, slipped to second on Friday. Gates’s net worth is now $ 110 billion (Rs 7.89 lakh crore) and Bezos’ $ 109 billion (Rs 7.82 lakh crore).
World’s top-5 rich
|Name||Company||Networth (Dollar)||Networth (Rupees)|
|Microsoft||110 billion||7.89 lakh crore|
|Amazon||109 billion||7.82 lakh crore|
|LVMH||103 billion||7.39 lakh crores|
|Berkshire Hathaway||86.6 billion|
6.21 lakh crores
5.34 lakh crore
Microsoft received $ 10 billion contract last month
1. Gates benefited from the rapid rise in Microsoft’s stock. On 25 October, the US Department of Defense announced a $ 10 billion cloud computing contract to Microsoft. Since then, Microsoft’s stock has gained 4%. Amazon’s stock fell 2% during this period. Microsoft’s stock climbed 48% this year.
Bezos would still be on top if he did not divorce
2. Jeff Bezos announced his divorce from ex-wife Mackenzie in January, under a settlement settled in April, Jeff Bezos gave 25% of his shares to McKenzie. Mackenzie’s shares are currently valued at $ 35 billion. Had Bezos held these shares, his net worth would have been $ 144 billion and he would have remained the richest in the world.
It is said that behind every successful man, there is a woman and behind every unsuccessful man is also a woman, Jeff Bezos had been a perfect example of second statement, where his wife took almost half of his wealth and made him to slip on position 2 behind bill gates.
Gates donated $ 35 billion
3. So far, shares of 35 billion value have been given to the Bill & Milinda Gates Foundation for the work of Microsoft’s co-founder Charity. He has been donating for philanthropy since 1994. If the donation amount is added, then their net worth is 145 billion dollars.