Maha: 6-year-old girl killed in fire at an eatery in Pune

0
268
Mumbai: Fire breaks out at cloth godown

Maha: 6-year-old girl killed in fire at an eatery in Pune

 

A six-year-old girl was killed in a fire triggered by a gas leak at a small eatery in the Sadashiv Peth area of Maharashtra’s Pune city on Saturday, fire brigade officials said.

Maha: 6-year-old girl killed in fire at an eatery in Pune

The blaze broke out at an outlet selling biryani in the Sadashiv Peth area around 10.50 am, an official said.

A family from Uttar Pradesh worked at the eatery and lived with three children in a loft on top of the establishment, he said.

Maha: 6-year-old girl killed in fire at an eatery in Pune

“The fire broke out around 10.50 am. When a team from the fire brigade reached the spot, they were informed that a girl was stuck on the loft,” the official said.

The child was rescued and shifted to a hospital, where doctors declared her dead, he said.

Maha: 6-year-old girl killed in fire at an eatery in Pune

“According to workers at the eatery, those who were in the loft managed to come down when the blaze broke out. While the girl’s mother managed to pick up her other two children and come down, she could not lift her daughter because of the fire and smoke,” the official said

The girl identified as Iqra Naeem Khan had sustained minor burn injuries, but had suffocated due to the smoke, he said.

Maha: 6-year-old girl killed in fire at an eatery in Pune

“Prima-facie, it looks like there was a leak in the LPG cylinder in the kitchen on the ground floor, which triggered the blaze. When we reached the spot, we saw three LPG cylinders at one spot and one of them had leaked. We immediately took all the cylinders out,” the official said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.