On 20th December, the maker of utility vehicles and tractors, Mahindra & Mahindra announced new appointments across its corporate office and automotive and farm businesses with effect from 1 April 2020.
The company will see several senior retirements in the next 15 months including Pawan Goenka, MD; Rajeev Dubey – group president for HR and corporate services among others. This will create job opportunities for the senior-level and the company is preparing to groom the next generation of leaders for the multiple management positions.
- Rajan Wadhera, currently president at the automotive business and lead sales and marketing for the automotive division will retire with effect from 1 April 2020,
- Veejay Nakra will be appointed as CEO from next year April.
- R. Velusamy to be appointed as the chief of global product development (automotive) from the next fiscal.
- Hemant Sikka who is currently a chief purchase office and president Powerol and Spares business will be the head of farm equipment division from April 1 2020.
- Vinod Sahay, the current CEO of Mahindra Truck and Bus and Construction Equipment division, is to be appointed as the chief purchase officer for M&M’s auto and farm sectors (AFS).
- All the above 4 seniors, Nakra, Sikka, and Sahay with their new profiles will report to Vinod Sahay, currently the CEO of Mahindra Truck and Bus and Construction Equipment division, will be appointed as the chief purchase officer for M&M’s auto and farm sectors (AFS).
- The President of farm equipment sector Jejurikar has been appointed as the executive director for automotive and farm sectors for four years, from 1 April 2020, M&M had notified on Friday.
- S. Durgashankar will be working as a group controller of finance and accounts. He will work closely with the CFOs of all group businesses to ensure appropriate controls and governance and will continue to oversee Secretarial. He will report to Anish Shah.
- Rajeev Goyal who will be appointed as CFO of auto and farm sectors will report to Jejurikar and Durgashankar.
- The executive chairman Anand Mahindra will move to the tole of the non-executive chairman of the board of M&M from 1 April 2020.
- Pawan Goenka will be re-appointed as the MD next fiscal and will also work as CEO which is a newly created position before his retirement on 1 April 2021. Till then, he will continue fulfilling his responsibilities for Mahindra Ford joint venture, Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd, SsangYong Motors, Automobili Pininfarina and Mahindra Automotive North America.
- Anish Shah will join the M&M board from 1 April 2020 as deputy MD and group CFO. He will also be appointed as MD and CEO on 2 April 2012.
- C P Gurnani will be the non-executive director of the company. He is currently MD and CEO of Tech Mahindra Ltd.
- The group CFO, V S Parthasarathy will lead a newly created business vertical by merging the after-market, logistics, and auto mobility businesses-the mobility service sector.
The above appointments have been finalized under the guidance of the Governance, Nomination & Remuneration Committee of the board, the company said.