- Less than 1% of patients on ventilator in the country, number of recovered cases increased, 3.4 times from active case;
- So far more than 59 thousand people have died, 7.03 lakh patients are undergoing treatment;
On Tuesday, the figure of corona patients crossed 32 lakh. So far, 32 lakh 31 thousand 754 people have been infected. Within the last 24 hours, the report of 66 thousand 873 people has came back positive. The central government has increased testing. Now 26,648 people are being examined in every 10 lakh population.
It is a matter of relief that the number of patients recovering is also increasing continuously. On Tuesday, 64 thousand 151 patients were discharged from the hospital. With this, the number of patients recovered has now increased to 24 lakh 67 thousand 252.
The Union Health Ministry said, on Tuesday, that so far 59 thousand 612 patients have died due to the virus. In the last 24 hours, 1066 infected people hace died. However, the ministry claims that the death rate is steadily decreasing. Meaning the death rate is only 1.58% compared to the speed with which the number of infected cases are increasing.
Of the total casualties so far, 69% were males and 31% were females. In terms of age, 36% of those who died were between 45-60 years of age and 51% were 60 or older.
- The Union Health Ministry said that today the number of recovered people in the country is 3.4 times more than the active case. Active cases constitute 22.2% of the total cases. The recovery rate has exceeded 75 percent. Health Secretary, Rajesh Bhushan, said that 2.7% of the total patients in the country are on oxygen support. At the same time, 1.92% patients are admitted to the ICU. Only 0.29% of infected ventilators are on support.
- Uttarakhand: Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garwal University has postponed the final year and final semester examinations of graduates and masters. The examinations were to be held from September 10.
- Odisha: The state government has fixed a fee of Rs 1200 for the corona test in ICMR Approved Labs. Orders for this were issued on Monday.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) said that 9 lakh 25 thousand 383 samples were tested on Monday. With this, 3 crore 68 lakh 27 thousand 520 tests have been done in the country so far.
- Air India Express said that for passengers aged 12 years or more traveling to the UAE, the covid PCR test must be negative. This report has to be given in a printed form. These tests should be from a recognized lab of the Government of India. Also, this test should not have been done 96 hours before departure.
- Trial of the second phase of Pune-based Serum Institute of India and Oxford University’s covid-19 vaccine began on Tuesday. Serum has tied up with the British-Swedish pharma company AstraZenec in preparing the vaccine. Prakash Kumar Singh, additional director for government and regulatory affairs at SII, said that we are going to start human clinical trials at Bharti Vidyapeeth Hospital from 25 August.
Top Five States:
- Madhya Pradesh
The number of infected in Bhopal has crossed 10 thousand. So far, 10 thousand 068 cases have been recorded in the capital. At the same time, Neera Tekam, wife of Air India Incharge Airport Manager Shyam Tekam, died of covid at Rajbhoj Airport. She was admitted to covid-19 Dedicated Viva Hospital. This has brought the death toll from Corona to 274 in Bhopal. On Monday, 22,400 samples were investigated in the state. So far, the corona test of 1.2 million people has been conducted in the state.
The issue of lack of ventilators in the state government hospitals arose in the Assembly. Former medical minister and MLA, Kalicharan Saraf, described the preparations of the government in the fight against Corona as inadequate. On the other hand, the number of patients in Jaipur has crossed 9 thousand. More than 200 cases were recorded on at least three days last week.
The number of infected in Patna has reached 18,843. So far 15,885 patients have recovered. There are currently 2,885 active cases. Five Corona patients died in AIIMS. There are two patients from Patna. There has been a decrease in the number of corona tests in the state. Only 60 thousand 215 samples were examined on Monday. On Sunday, this number was 1 lakh 1 thousand 36.
In the state of Maharashtra , samples of 46 thousand 616 people were examined on Monday. The past three days have also seen a decline in testing here. Good news is being received from Mumbai. There were 743 cases on Monday and only 20 people died. Here the recovery rate has gone above 81%. The number of patients is 1.37 lakhs. Of these, only 18 thousand 267 are active cases.
- Uttar Pradesh
In the state of Uttar Pradesh , more than 24 thousand cases have increased in the last five days. At the same time, 349 patients lost their lives. The government says that the reason for increase in the number of case is more testing. 1.6 lakh samples were tested in the state on Monday.
With continuous rise in the number of cases, the people are eagerly awaiting a vaccine.